Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lowly Middlesbrough End Arsenal's Unbeaten Record

I went skiing this weekend, thinking that it was a good batch of matches to miss.

Villa vs. Portsmouth looked to be an exciting match, but the Gunners would have an easy win away to Middlesbrough, and we wouldn't be gaining any ground on our nearest rivals, as Manchester United faced lowly Derby.

I was confident of an Arsenal win, but I had a friend of mine call me to tell me the final score. You could imagine the shock when he told me the names of the scorers.

Downing, Sanli, and Rosicky.

That meant 2-1 to Middlesbrough.

It seems I chose a good weekend to go away. I would not have been too thrilled watching Arsenal's unbeaten run in the Premier League being ended by a team in the bottom three.

We had better win on Wednesday when we host Steaua Bucharest, or else we might be lacking confidence for the big match with Chelsea on Sunday.

What I've heard of today's game sure does make me hope that Fabregas, Hleb, and van Persie make it back before Sunday.